[GMS](6/11-12/11)2x Drop/Exp, Many Bans across the maple world, GMS Mass Duping and Channel Crashing!
It seems that they have compensated for some of those hacking issues the past week, and some are still released into VIP sections of many hacking sites, and there have also been many reports of huge bannings of thousands of players across the servers. Many people that had a lot of hacked items and many people that duped.
Due to an unscheduled server maintenance, MapleStory was unavailable for a large part of Monday. We understand that many Maplers lost the opportunity to play during this time and have suffered from inconsistent service for the past week, so to make it up to you, please enjoy 2x EXP and Drop events this Saturday and Sunday!
When:Saturday, June 11th from 2PM – 4PM Pacific (5 PM – 7PM Eastern) and 6PM – 8PM Pacific (9PM – 11PM Eastern)
Sunday, June 12th from 2PM – 4PM Pacific (5 PM – 7PM Eastern) and 6PM – 8PM Pacific (9PM – 11PM Eastern)
Hope to see you in-game soon and happy Mapling!
-The MapleStory Team-
It seems that so far the emergency maintenance fixed the channel crashing, but to some sources are saying that there are still VIP methods of the channel crashing. According to several threads on BasilMarket and SouthPerry it seems that duping is still going on, but it isn’t as bad as before this maintenance. Basically, for the most part of the community, it seems that Nexon really took too long to do anything, and that has practically destroyed the economy.
11:02 pm 6/6/11 UPDATE!
2:52 pm 6/6/11 UPDATE!Well, it seems that Nexon has identified the situation, and have called for an unscheduled server maintenance. They did not release a specific time frame the maintenance will be finished in, so we must wait. You will know when we know!**Update** The maintenance is now complete as of 7:30 PM Pacific (10:30 PM Eastern) and all game services are now live. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Update: The maintenance is estimated to end at 8 PM Pacific (11 PM Eastern). All Cash Shop items will be extended by 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.Hello Maplers,
With the help of the community, we have identified a serious issue involving Cake vs Pie 2 that resulted in channel crashes. MapleStory will be unavailable for the time being as we resolve this issue. We have not yet determined how long this maintenance will be and will make updates when available.
We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused and thank you for your patience.
The MapleStory team
Hello, MNNians, as I report this(6/5/11, 10:36 pm est) channels are being crashed in several servers. Most servers from Scania to Galicia are being hit. Arcania, El Nido, and Zenith you cannot tell at first, but they have been hit as well. There have been about two explanations to why the channels are crashing.
Explanation 1: Dupers across the servers are beginning to dupe items at a mass pace to cause the server crash, and pump out more and more items.
Explanation 2: On http://w8baby.com, there was a channel crasher that was released earlier today. It utilizes a packet in the Cake vs Pie event, and the packet must be spammed, which afterwards causes the channel to automatically crash!
It is Sunday, so most Nexon America employees are off. Knowing when this problem is resolved will be a while. We will let you know when we know. No news yet on the main site, forums, twitter, or facebook. BasilMarket and many other MapleStory fan sites have several threads of players experiencing problems, and it begins with lag, and ends with a bit fat d/c.
Here are some Screenies of the channels crashing.
Will post, ASAP. Minor Technical Issues.
Well the event is here, woo get started guys!!
Unpack your shovels and get ready to dig, because Maple World has treasure to be found! The Ancient Artifact Hunt is returning on June 1st, 2011 with another chance to get a permanent Archeologist Hat or permanent Archeologist Glasses.
The Artifact Hunt is simple! Pick up Mysterious Artifacts from monsters and gather 5,000 excavation points to receive the regular Archeologist Hat and Archeologist Glasses. If you’re one of the top 10 archeologists by 5 PM Sunday (Pacific) during the duration of the event, then your hat or glasses can become permanent! (You’ll have one full week to redeem your reward.)
Prepare to earn big rewards, Maplers. As they say, third time’s a charm!
– Uncover eight different treasures and return them to their owners to get a Mystical Artifact Discoverer Medal!
– Maintain your spot as a top 10 archaeologist for a week to earn an Artifact Top 10 Medal!
– Reach 30,000 excavation points and receive a special mount skill as a reward!
Talk to Gaga, get an Excavation Permit and head out to hunt! Event runs through June 28th.
Yeah, just a routine server maintenance, some changes to the events, and preparation for the Artifact Event!
We will be performing routine maintenance on MapleStory on June 1st, 2011. During this period, all game servers will be unavailable. The game maintenance will last approximately four and a half hours. Name changes and world transfers will be processed during this maintenance.
Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Pacific: 10:00 PM – 2:30 AM Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Eastern: 1:00 AM – 5:30 AM Thursday, June 2, 2011
The following will be unavailable:
All MapleStory Game Servers
- The amount of Cake Pieces and Pie Pieces that must be turned in to start the town battles has been considerably reduced.
– The amount of 6th Anniversary Insignias given after the attack and defense team battle is now based on who won the battle in which you participated instead of your faction’s performance.
– The amount of EXP given after the town battles has been increased.
– You must talk to your faction NPC now in the exit room after a town battle in order to receive both the insignias and the EXP.
– The Cake vs. Pie boss battle waiting room has been modified to only allow the maximum number of fighters from each team that can participate in the battle. Remember, each channel has its own waiting room and boss battles!
– The maximum number of players in each boss battle has been reduced to ten from each faction (twenty players maximum total per battle).
– The amount of time to pick up the rewards in a boss battle has been increased by several seconds.
- The problem of the Cake and Pie bosses sometimes not appearing in the boss battle has been fixed.
-New Cash Shop Items-
2x Point Cards for the Artifact Hunt (3 hours, 1 day, and 7 days versions available)
– The Maple Team –
Yeah, we will see the impact of banning, and if they actually go threw with it. I hope they do
G’day mate! We’re fired up for MapleStory Down Under, our week-long appreciation of all things Oz!
While the majority of Global MapleStory users are from the Northern Hemisphere, MapleStory is after all, a global game. Every community that makes a second home in Maple World brings a unique contribution to the game. In the case of our Aussie Maplers, it’s their great sense of humor, cheerfulness in the face of challenging PQs, and tough pioneer spirit that help inspire others and improve the Maple community – the same qualities that built Australia into a great nation!
Here’s what to look forward to this week!
• Special 2x EXP/Drop: Finally, a 2x EXP/Drop event friendly to Australia’s time zone! Stay tuned for details!
• Maplers in Australia: Take your MapleStory character on a photo journey through Australia for your chance at some great prizes!
• The Great Australian Adventure: Get to the keyboard and describe your ultimate Australian MapleStory Adventure!
• Australia Trivia: How much do you know about Oz?
• Australia Fun Facts: Keep an eye out for fun facts about our favorite land down under on all MapleStory web posts!
• More surprises!
Let’s get to our first five fun facts about Australia. Some are weird, some are funny, all are true!
• The Commonwealth of Australia was formed on January 1, 1901 (1/1/01) and comprised the six original colonies.
• Of the ten most poisonous spiders in the world, nine of them live in Australia.
• The Tasmanian Devil actually exists, it’s native to the island state of Tasmania, a part of the country of Australia. It has the jaw strength of a crocodile.
• The Great Barrier Reef has a mailbox. You can ferry out there and send a postcard, stamped with the only Great Barrier Reef stamp.
• The Sydney Opera house was originally supposed to cost $7 million. The final cost was $102 million largely paid for by the state lottery.
That’s some interesting news, :o.
Tespia is once again open, and I don’t think I got chosen, as always, so I will be hunting down some new content they have, and from what i’ve seen so far, I am guessing it’s the Cake vs Pie events, but you never know.
What’s better than a miracle? 25% more miracle of course! It’s already transformed equipment in Japan, and on May 4th, the Premium Miracle Cube makes its Global MapleStory debut.
For only NX 3,100 you get all the amazing qualities of a regular Miracle Cube plus a 25% chance to add a bonus potential to your item until you reach the maximum number of potentials.
In other words:
Have this… …become this!
A little fuzzy on how this whole miracle thing works? Refresh yourself with our guide: http://maplestory.nexon.net/Guide/CashShopFeatures.aspx?boardNo=802&contentNo=009qk&pageIndex=1
So get to the Cash Shop, get your miracle, and make your gear the best it can be!
Here they are, on their way!! That’s nuts isn’t it!!?!!?
Once concern many players have is that Maple Story is beginning to be based around pure mesos and or Nx, basically meaning to be successful, you need to have a lot of mesos, a lot of nx, or a lot of both. Players that lack this will not be as good as the players that do have this.. What are your thoughts on this? Just a thought, but it seems that’s how it is going to be if it hasn’t already.
The Staff Members of Maple-News.com all wish you and your family’s a happy Cinco De Mayo.
Cinco De Mayo is a day to celebrate Mexican heritage and pride!
It’s observed in parts of Mexico, and widely in the U.S.
Have fun! Be safe!
The MNN Staff.