October has been a very eventful month for GlobalMS in the past. From the opening of the cash shop, to the NXGames (Nexon) takeover, to the release of Singapore and Malaysia. Excluding Halloween events, here are the highlights of the updates of Octobers past.
The GlobalMS 0.08 update took place on Wednesday, October 19, 2005.
- Nexon logo placed in the game
- Opening of the thing that keeps the game alive, the cash shop
- Publishing service taken over by Nexon under the name NXGames
- Critical purple damage numbers
October 2006 saw GlobalMS 0.30 on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 and was quite boring.
- Halloween events, had to say it or I wouldn’t say anything
Back to a good October with GlobalMS 0.44 on Thursday, October 11, 2007
- Opening of new game server – Kradia
- Original Haunted House (original content)
October 2008 added one of my favorite training areas ever, MP3 in GlobalMS 0.61 on Wednesday, October 18, 2008.
- Pirate class prevents and prequests
- Guest Login (RIP)
October 2009 held one of the biggest updates GlobalMS has ever seen. GlobalMS 0.77 was released on Thursday, October 22, 2010.
- Malaysia (TZM, Kampung Village, Malaysia Theme Park, Targa and Scarlion Bosses)
- Balrog Boss
- Haunted House II (original content)
- Gold Richie
- Witch’s Tower
- Level Up Event
- Cygnus Knights Tutorial
- New Party Searching Window
- Drake and Pirate Minidungeons
- New medals
I can’t wait to see what we’ll get for Halloween events this year. It’s likely that we won’t get a major content for October 2010 since the Ulu City update is on November 3 (very early in the month) and the September update was on September 28 (very late in the month).